This is rare directory issued by the Sligo Chronicle newspaper in 1878 for its subscribers. It contains copious details about the county, including a history of County Sligo and descriptive information about Sligo town, Rosses Point, Ballymote, Collooney, Ballisodare, and Easky.
The directory then lists all administrative officials, the judiciary, and the staff of Sligo corporation, the Harbour Board, Sligo & Leitrim Asylum, and the County Infirmary. Extensive details are also provided about the various Poor Law Unions in the county, being Sligo, Tobercurry and Dromore West. Establishment lists for religious bodies, schools and the army are also included.